3 Ways To Beat The Monday Blues
Mondays can be tough, even on the best of days. The first day back at work and back to reality can leave you tired and a little bummed unless you make sure to start your day off right. Starting your Monday morning off right can give you energy and positivity that will get you through the day and motivate you to get back into the swing of the work week. Here are a few ways to start your Mondays off right:
1. Get up early. As much as you are tempted to hit the snooze button over and over again, getting up early on Monday morning is actually better than sleeping in. When you hit snooze on your alarm you still know that you have to get up within a few minutes so you won’t rest properly and will be more tired than if you got up the first time the alarm went off. By getting up early you will also have time to get yourself organized and won’t feel rushed.
2. Hydrate. The best thing you can do for your body is drink a big glass of water as soon as you get up. Your body becomes dehydrated during the night and it is important to replenish your fluids in order to get your energy levels back up. It can be hard to drink the recommended amount of water each day but if you start out with a large glass in the morning it will be easier to meet that target. Without enough water your body has to work harder at every single body function which causes you to be tired, have headaches and inhibits your concentration and mental clarity.
3. Get active. Physical activity in the morning is the best way to start your day and week off right. Getting physical in the morning is the best way to get over tiredness and it also improves your mood. If you aren’t convinced you want to hit the gym Monday morning try something a little more fun like morning sex with your partner. Sex is a fun workout that will give you energy and boost your immune system so you can stay healthy throughout the week.
As hard as it may be, eat as healthy as possible on Mondays – base your meals around fresh fruits and vegetables. That way, even if you indulged on the weekend, you will be back on track on Monday and set the tone for the rest of your week.
Nutrition & Health Guide
Learn how to shed pounds and lead a healthy and nutritious lifestyle with Astro Nutrition's acclaimed Weight Loss Tips. Get your FREE copy of the Astro Easy Weight Loss eBook by signing up.
Follow AstroNutrition on:
- Snacks in particular can be made in advance as a means of keeping you from overindulging... http://t.co/hT1aHtBb 1 year 21 weeks ago
- For weight loss, primrose oil also has much to offer... http://t.co/WNzsseLl 1 year 22 weeks ago
- For those seeking to maintain lean muscle mass and to build muscle bulk, Glutamine is a perfect supplement... http://t.co/Vfq3wH98 1 year 22 weeks ago