5 Health Benefits Of Eating Soya
If you are always looking for better ways to eat, consider soy if you don’t eat it already. Soy is one of the most heavily studied foods, and many studies have thoroughly examined its many health benefits. Here are five such benefits to eating soy:
1. Control your weight. Protein is essential for healthy weight maintenance, and soy is one of the least expensive and effective ways to get protein. Women need about 100 grams of protein per day to keep them feeling full and maintain muscles.
2. It keeps your heart healthy. Soy&undefined;s protein and isoflavones lower bad cholesterol levels and also decrease blood clotting which reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. Try substituting soy milk for regular milk in your smoothies, cereal, or just for drinking.
3. Reduce the effects of endometriosis. The phytoestrogens contained in soy products may help to offset the unfortunate effects of endometriosis which affects thousands of women each day. It does so relieving pain, heavy bleeding and other symptoms of endometriosis.
4. Protect against prostate problems. Soy isn’t just beneficial for women- soy products may protect against enlargement of the male prostate gland. This tends to increase with age which can cause numerous difficulties such as frequent night time urination.
5. Cancer Protection. Soy&undefined;s soluble fiber protects the body from many digestive related cancers-most notably colon and rectal cancer. Studies have also shown that soy protects against breast and endometrial cancer.
Eating more soy is easy - substitute it for milk. Milk does contain protein but it also contains potentially harmful ingredients such as hormones from the cows (if not organic milk) and lactose which many people cannot tolerate.
Nutrition & Health Guide
Learn how to shed pounds and lead a healthy and nutritious lifestyle with Astro Nutrition's acclaimed Weight Loss Tips. Get your FREE copy of the Astro Easy Weight Loss eBook by signing up.
Follow AstroNutrition on:
- Snacks in particular can be made in advance as a means of keeping you from overindulging... http://t.co/hT1aHtBb 1 year 25 weeks ago
- For weight loss, primrose oil also has much to offer... http://t.co/WNzsseLl 1 year 26 weeks ago
- For those seeking to maintain lean muscle mass and to build muscle bulk, Glutamine is a perfect supplement... http://t.co/Vfq3wH98 1 year 26 weeks ago