5 Ways to Prevent Fall Sickness
Fall time is notorious for being cold season. The change of weather unfortunately brings upon a change in our bodies and numerous factors make us more susceptible to illness during this time. Although sometimes the common cold can just not be avoided, there are certain things which you can do to reduce your risk of contracting one. Here are five tips to keep you healthy through the autumn months.
1. Clean your work space. Yes, cleaners probably do come in at least once a week. You may think they do a good job cleaning, but your work space harbors tons of germs. Your keyboard, mouse, computer, and your desk actually carry more germs than most toilets do. Clean your desk at least a few times a week to avoid the germs which may cause a cold.
2. Drink lots of water. Even though the hot weather is gone, it does not mean you can&undefined;t get dehydrated. Anyone can experience dehydration during any season and it is especially important to drink water and flush out your body of any organisms which can weaken your immune system, making you more prone to getting sick.
3. Exercise. Exercise is important year round, but in the fall it is an important immunity booster. Getting a moderate amount of exercise throughout the week can stimulate your immune system and cut your chances of getting a cold.
4. Take Vitamin C. Stocking up on this important vitamin will help prevent the common cold. It is best to take it in supplement form, as you can get an adequate amount. That being said, eating enough of the right foods can also provide your body with a healthy dose of this vitamin. Try oranges, carrots, kiwis, and red bell peppers all have vitamin C in them.
5. Do a cleanse. Fall is a great time to do a full body cleanse and get rid of built up toxins. If you are a first time cleanser, try a gentle cleanse which will be easy on your body. You can also do your own cleanse by drinking only water and eating fresh, organic fruits and vegetables.
Fall is a natural time to slow down and relax a bit. Our bodies desire warmer foods and drinks and more sleep. It is very important to listen to your body and stay healthy through these months. By following the above noted tips as well as eating a balanced diet and getting lots of sleep, you have a much better chance of avoiding a nasty cold this season.
Nutrition & Health Guide
Learn how to shed pounds and lead a healthy and nutritious lifestyle with Astro Nutrition's acclaimed Weight Loss Tips. Get your FREE copy of the Astro Easy Weight Loss eBook by signing up.
Follow AstroNutrition on:
- Snacks in particular can be made in advance as a means of keeping you from overindulging... http://t.co/hT1aHtBb 1 year 21 weeks ago
- For weight loss, primrose oil also has much to offer... http://t.co/WNzsseLl 1 year 21 weeks ago
- For those seeking to maintain lean muscle mass and to build muscle bulk, Glutamine is a perfect supplement... http://t.co/Vfq3wH98 1 year 22 weeks ago