5 Ways to Reduce the Pain from Drinking
Nighttime fun lingers in the morning. A sunny patio, a BB-Q with friends, or time at the beach are all often causes for celebration, but a few too many glasses of wine or beer and you might wake up feeling groggy – your head hurts, you feel ill, and you are dead thirsty. All of it conspires to give you the dreaded hangover.
Hangovers are caused by the induction of alcoholic beverages into your body. The ethanol present in alcohol causes dehydration, which in turn gives us headaches, dry mouth and makes us feel lazy the next day. If you’ve ever been at the bottom end of a bottle of red wine you might know the feeling. There are many theories on hangover cures, both folk remedies and scientific suggestions, but there has yet to be a better way to prevent hangover than slowing consumption or abstaining completely.
Complete abstinence is sometimes hard, especially when the sun is shining, so here are a few suggestions that might help reduce the amount of suffering.
1. Drink water. You can counteract the effects of dehydration by drinking one glass of water for each alcoholic beverage. It won’t stop it completely, but it will give you a better chance at survival.
2. Eat before you drink. Alcohol can cause havoc in our stomach lining. Food in the belly will help diminish the nausea symptoms.
3. Vitamins. Hangover remedies exist in vitamin form. B6 is said to reduce the symptoms of a hangover.
4. Stop drinking. Of course this seems obvious, but stopping an few hours before going to bed will help you in the morning.
5. Stay away from sugary drinks. Liqueurs have a higher concentration of sugar, and would cause you headaches regardless of alcohol content. Try drinking spirits like vodka, mix with soda.
Alcoholic consumption is a liberty that should be taken seriously. It has incredibly damaging effects on the body, and in some people it becomes a disease that can destroy life personal and physically. Be careful with your drinking, and if you think you have a problem, talk about it with a professional or a friend.
Nutrition & Health Guide
Learn how to shed pounds and lead a healthy and nutritious lifestyle with Astro Nutrition's acclaimed Weight Loss Tips. Get your FREE copy of the Astro Easy Weight Loss eBook by signing up.
Follow AstroNutrition on:
- Snacks in particular can be made in advance as a means of keeping you from overindulging... http://t.co/hT1aHtBb 4 years 39 weeks ago
- For weight loss, primrose oil also has much to offer... http://t.co/WNzsseLl 4 years 40 weeks ago
- For those seeking to maintain lean muscle mass and to build muscle bulk, Glutamine is a perfect supplement... http://t.co/Vfq3wH98 4 years 40 weeks ago