How to Achieve Weight Loss Playing a Sport
It’s a pleasure to watch a sport being played, but there are some people who enjoy playing it more. I belong to this category and depend on racquetball to give me my daily high. Playing releases me from the tensions of daily life; it rejuvenates me and gets my adrenaline soaring; and it leaves me feeling good, strong and fit. But best of all, it has helped me lose weight. So if you’re looking for an enjoyable way to lose weight, I would recommend taking up a sport. To ensure that you do shed those excess pounds, you need to do a little extra:
1. Choose the right sport: Not all sports help you lose weight, so choose one that involves significant activity like tennis or racquetball. If you opt for a team game, especially one that involves a larger number of people, you’re not going to be active all the time. So go for a sport where you must exert yourself in order to play.
2. Work on improving your strength: When you play a sport, you’ll find that your performance improves when you work on strengthening your muscles. You need strong leg muscles for balance and movement and strong arm muscles for power. So when you work out with weights to improve your game, your metabolism is boosted and you lose weight faster.
3. Go all out during a game: When you’re in the middle of a game, play like your life depends on it, even if it’s a friendly game. The more you exert yourself, the more weight you tend to lose.
4. Train like a pro: You may play only for entertainment, but that does not mean you cannot adopt training programs that the pros go through. Check out the best training programs that have been formulated for this sport, and find a coach to put you through the paces. It will involve working hard, but your game improves and you tend to lose weight.
5. Take the game seriously: Instead of just playing for fun and goofing around on the court, play the game seriously so that your opponent also is forced to do the same. If you go to the court just to sit around and gossip for most of the time and play just for the sake of it, you’re never going to lose weight or improve your game.
Playing a sport is enjoyable and useful; it’s not monotonous like visiting the gym, so you tend to stick to it as a weight loss tool. Try it today and you’ll see how it works for yourself.
This guest article was written by Adrienne Carlson, who regularly writes on the topic of radiography technician schools . Adrienne welcomes your comments and questions at her email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nutrition & Health Guide
Learn how to shed pounds and lead a healthy and nutritious lifestyle with Astro Nutrition's acclaimed Weight Loss Tips. Get your FREE copy of the Astro Easy Weight Loss eBook by signing up.
Follow AstroNutrition on:
- Snacks in particular can be made in advance as a means of keeping you from overindulging... http://t.co/hT1aHtBb 1 year 22 weeks ago
- For weight loss, primrose oil also has much to offer... http://t.co/WNzsseLl 1 year 22 weeks ago
- For those seeking to maintain lean muscle mass and to build muscle bulk, Glutamine is a perfect supplement... http://t.co/Vfq3wH98 1 year 22 weeks ago