Hungry? If you aren’t now, you will be later. But what will you eat? Do you turn for a processed, fat loaded, sugar bound snack like a doughnut (which will leave you hungry moments after), or do you reach for something that will benefit your body, mind and waistline?
The following list is a selection of super-foods, all of which are good for you, tasty, and are available just about anywhere.
1. Avocados. It’s often said that they are high in fat, and therefore considered bad for you. It’s a lie! Avocados contain mono-unsaturated fats, which terrific helpers in blood and tissue regeneration. They are loaded with fiber, and have been linked to eye and skin health.
2. Dark Chocolate. Sweet things are always nice, and, luckily, the tastiest of them all is actually good for you. Dark chocolate contains large amounts of antioxidants, and flavonols which help fight disease.
3. Red Wine. A glass of any alcohol each day has its health benefits, but wine, red wine specifically, has more than simple cholesterol reducing properties. Red wine has strong antioxidants, and saponins, which come from the skins of grapes, and aid with cardiovascular health.
4. Pomegranates. A bit of a pain to eat, sure, but wow are they good for you. They have three times the antioxidants of red wine and green tea. They can clean out muggy arteries, and they can help sow the aging process.
5. Blueberries. A great treat with amazing health benefits. Packed solid with antioxidants, theses little berries help just about every chronic disease by reducing inflammation, they help fight cancer, and are great for your eyes.
6. Cabbage. It stimulates the immune system, cuts the risk of colon cancer, and helps purify the blood.
And the list goes on. For a selection of even more super foods, click here.
Nutrition & Health Guide
Learn how to shed pounds and lead a healthy and nutritious lifestyle with Astro Nutrition's acclaimed Weight Loss Tips. Get your FREE copy of the Astro Easy Weight Loss eBook by signing up.
Follow AstroNutrition on:
- Snacks in particular can be made in advance as a means of keeping you from overindulging... http://t.co/hT1aHtBb 1 year 49 weeks ago
- For weight loss, primrose oil also has much to offer... http://t.co/WNzsseLl 1 year 50 weeks ago
- For those seeking to maintain lean muscle mass and to build muscle bulk, Glutamine is a perfect supplement... http://t.co/Vfq3wH98 1 year 50 weeks ago