The Benefits of a Strong Core
If an apple has no core does it exist? It’s a silly question, but not one that doesn’t have merit. When you think about working out and getting stronger, with bigger muscles or a toned body, do you think about what is holding it all together?
It’s the core. Like a fresh juicy apple, the core is what holds all the better looking parts together.
It’s not enough to only target one section: the biceps, the abs, the chest, etc. If you want to feel complete with lasting strength and body mass you need to peel away the juicy bits and hit the middle.
Core training is the base note of all workouts, yet many people aren’t sure how to extend their routine in order to develop it. Exercises designed for building balance and strength, and ones that can be done while using an exercise ball are generally great for core workouts.
Also, using free weights will allow for a broader scope of achievement than using machines.
The reason interior strength is so important is that just about every motion made by the human body is initiated in the core. Lunges, twists, running, swimming, and weights – almost everything starts with the abs, hips and lower back, which is where the ‘core’ of the body is. Yoga practitioners, as well as dancers and athletes, have long known the benefits.
Here is just a quick list of the benefits to a strong core:
- Reduction of injury risk
- More comfort with sitting (either in office chairs, or just in general)
- Serves to increase balance, letting you isolate other muscle groups
- Increases energy
- Improves posture
- Aids in sports development
If you are interested in strengthening your core, click here for some suggestions of possible exercises.
Nutrition & Health Guide
Learn how to shed pounds and lead a healthy and nutritious lifestyle with Astro Nutrition's acclaimed Weight Loss Tips. Get your FREE copy of the Astro Easy Weight Loss eBook by signing up.
Follow AstroNutrition on:
- Snacks in particular can be made in advance as a means of keeping you from overindulging... http://t.co/hT1aHtBb 4 years 41 weeks ago
- For weight loss, primrose oil also has much to offer... http://t.co/WNzsseLl 4 years 42 weeks ago
- For those seeking to maintain lean muscle mass and to build muscle bulk, Glutamine is a perfect supplement... http://t.co/Vfq3wH98 4 years 42 weeks ago