Top 5 Healthiest Breakfast Foods
We have all heard before that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Studies have shown that people who eat breakfast are slimmer, may live longer, and are even more mentally aware. If you have not eaten for over twelve hours after sleeping, your energy levels are low and healthy foods are the only way to fuel your body and get yourself through the day. Although any breakfast is better than no breakfast, you should try not to eat such things as pastries or high sugar foods in the morning (or anytime for that matter). Here are the top five breakfast foods to start your day off on the right foot.
1. Cereal. Both hot and cold cereals are good choices. Cold cereal provides nutrition from both the milk (calcium), and the cereal-make sure you choose a cereal that is whole grain and sugar free. Hot cereals are also a quick, healthy meal that is full of fiber and keeps you feeling full until lunch time.
2. Eggs. Eggs are an excellent source of protein that keeps you feeling full all day. Try making an omelet filled with veggies like mushrooms, green peppers, and tomatoes-hold the cheese to keep your calorie intake at bay. Women who eat eggs regularly have been shown to lose 65% more weight than their counterparts.
3. Smoothies. Home made smoothies are the best choice as you know exactly what is being put in them. Try combining a banana with some frozen fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc.), non fat yogurt, and skin milk. You can even add some powdered vitamin C, or a scoop of ground flax seed to increase the nutritional value.
4. Cottage cheese and fruit. Cottage cheese contains a very high amount of protein with very little fat, and fruit provides fiber and other essential nutrients.
5. Whole grain bagel with non fat cream cheese. Although a bagel should be one of your last choices, if you need to eat on the go-a whole grain bagel is the best choice. Try not to load it with cream cheese, jam, or butter and save on calories.
Eating a hearty, healthy breakfast along with a healthy lunch and light dinner will aid in weight loss and a healthy eating pattern.
Nutrition & Health Guide
Learn how to shed pounds and lead a healthy and nutritious lifestyle with Astro Nutrition's acclaimed Weight Loss Tips. Get your FREE copy of the Astro Easy Weight Loss eBook by signing up.
Follow AstroNutrition on:
- Snacks in particular can be made in advance as a means of keeping you from overindulging... http://t.co/hT1aHtBb 1 year 22 weeks ago
- For weight loss, primrose oil also has much to offer... http://t.co/WNzsseLl 1 year 22 weeks ago
- For those seeking to maintain lean muscle mass and to build muscle bulk, Glutamine is a perfect supplement... http://t.co/Vfq3wH98 1 year 22 weeks ago