I picked up a Magic Bullet Blender a few weeks ago and have been on a tear making protein smoothies. You can purchase an inexpensive 4-piece set at most grocers, malls or superstores. Worth every penny IMO.
Here's my “Ultimate Smoothie” for athletes, bodybuilders or anyone looking at jacking up and juicing up.
- 1 scoop chocolate protein (25 g of protein)
- 1 scoop flax meal (6 g protein, 10 g essential fats and 8 g of fibre!)
- 2 cubes crushed ice
- small handful of frozen antioxidant
- rich blueberries
- 1 banana (450 mg of potassium)
- one scoop organic almond butter (8 grams of essential fats and 4 grams of protein)
- 2 big scoops of yogurt (2 grams of protein)
- fill it up with 50% almond milk and 50% OJ)
Mix it for 30 seconds in your Magic Bullet and voila, you have a delicious smoothie fit for Lance Armstrong. Peaking with wholesome goodness, this smoothie contains a whopping 39 grams of protein, in addition to all your essential fatty acids, antioxidants and fibre for the day. Bon apetit!
Nutrition & Health Guide
Learn how to shed pounds and lead a healthy and nutritious lifestyle with Astro Nutrition's acclaimed Weight Loss Tips. Get your FREE copy of the Astro Easy Weight Loss eBook by signing up.
Follow AstroNutrition on:
- Snacks in particular can be made in advance as a means of keeping you from overindulging... http://t.co/hT1aHtBb 1 year 21 weeks ago
- For weight loss, primrose oil also has much to offer... http://t.co/WNzsseLl 1 year 21 weeks ago
- For those seeking to maintain lean muscle mass and to build muscle bulk, Glutamine is a perfect supplement... http://t.co/Vfq3wH98 1 year 21 weeks ago