- Nutrex Lipo-6 Review Review by AstroNutrition In-House Review
1. Synephrine (citrus aurantium extract): This chemical is related to ephedra. It is often used in fat burners, although there is not much evidence to prove it helps with weight loss, although it does provide energy.
2. Caffeine: This is a proven effective thermogenic, although it is more effective for lean individuals rather than those overweight. Additionally, it is more effective when used with ephedra or green tea, but neither are in Lipo-6.
3. Guggulsterones: This is effective at reducing blood fats as well as LDL/bad cholesterol. It also raises good/HDL cholesterol. It might also stimulate the thyroid gland. It does help with weight loss, but it is not a total miracle.
Depending on the version of Lipo-6 it might also contain the following ingredients:
4. Coleus Forskohlii: There is some evidence that this can help with weight loss, although the results are not that significant. This is partially due to it helping improve thyroid hormone levels.
5. Bioperine: This original extract from black pepper and long pepper berries is able to improve the effectiveness of supplements by making the ingredients be more readily absorbed.
6. Yohimbe: This extract is often used for impotency, but it also improves fat loss. However, it can also cause blood pressure problems and should be used carefully. Its effectiveness as a fat burner has only some evidence to back up the claim.
Other versions of Lipo-6 might contain the following:
7. Carmit rex: This is Lipo-6’s version of carnitine, which helps move fatty acids to the cell’s mitochondria to be burned. However, most studies do not conclude that it is an useful fat burner, especially in the small dose of 100mg that Lipo-6 contains.
The new ephedra-free versions of Lipo-6 are about as effective as most of the decent fat burner products currently available. However, it would be much better if it used green tea extract, especially if it replaced the ineffective synephrine. Regardless, it is popular and users mostly report positive results and it does at least somewhat help with weight loss when used with a healthy diet and exercise lifestyle. (Posted on 2/11/11)